One can’t build a thriving business all on their own which probably brings you to the next question: When it comes to Social Media Marketing, who you should invest in: a freelancer, an agency or an in-house employee?
Well, all of the options do serve the purpose and each of them has its own set of pros and cons. But how will you choose which option will be ideal for your business? Let’s find out:
Hiring a Freelancer For Social Media Marketing
For many people working with a freelancer may be the best choice for their business. Working with freelancers has its own set of benefits. The main advantage is they cost less if compared to an in-house employee or working with an agency. One of the critical disadvantages is their expertise and scalability is much more limited.
A freelancer can be a great option for you if:
- You have a fixed budget
- Your brand is small
- Need a person who doesn’t need a training
- You want social media presence only
- You want someone to teach you, and you are ready to learn
- You have a small scale project, and you can’t handle it yourself.
Hiring an In-House Employee for Social Media Marketing
Having an in-house employee has more risks, and it usually takes more significant and long-term investment. There are several options when it seems to be the right choice, even though, mainly if you have a very complexed brand or business.
An in-house employee can be a good option for you if:
- Your business is particular and hard to replicate
- Your industry is slow and requires a lot of knowledge and experience
- Marketing is the first capability of your company
- You want to make resources within your company.
Hiring An Agency for Social Media Marketing
An agency is an organisation allowing you immediate and easy access to mixed resources, technology and processes in that agency’s particular field: SEO, Social Media, AdWords, etc. Making such a structure in your own company is costly and impractical. Hence, agencies offer obvious practicality to the market.
An agency will be ideal for you if:
- You have experience in working with tactical partners
- You don’t have particular social media marketing experience and knowledge
- You are willing to invest in growing a robust digital brand
- You have a business which is easy to embody
- You are observing ROI on a channel, and you need to measure it fast.
To Sum Up
Shortly, every option serves a various segment of the market and can add value when chosen by the right companies for the correct purposes. A freelancer is a great option if you don’t have a huge budget, an in-house person is excellent if you have a problematic brand which operates in an in-depth knowledge and experience industry, and an agency is a decent option for any sector in which marketing is not a primary competency of the business.
Get a consultation on your digital marketing strategy with an agency?